Local Attractions & Links
Deer Hollow Ranch and Cabins is only a few miles from two Arkansas State Parks… Lake Fort Smith State Park and Devils Den State Park. There are numerous other interesting places to visit during your stay with us.
Just a few of the various attractions just a short distance from the Cabins:
- Artist Point Gift Shop and Cultural Center– .5 miles
- Ozark Folkways, Mt Gaylor – 4 miles
- Historic Downtown Van Buren– 28 miles
- Ozark Factory Outlet Mall, Springdale – 38 miles
- Northwest Arkansas Mall, Fayetteville – 35 miles
- Fort Smith Mall & other shopping– 35 miles
- Tonitown Antique Shops and Winery– 42 miles
- Pinnacle Hills Promenade Mall, Rogers – 48 miles
- Cabela’s Sporting Goods – Rogers – 48 miles
- White Rock Mountain– 28 mi. (hiking)
- Buckhorn OHV Trailhead – 12 miles
- Lake Fort Smith State Park– 3 mi. – (pool, hiking, boating, fishing)
- Devil’s Den State Park– 19 mi. – (pool, hiking, mountain biking, horse trails, boating, fishing)
- Alma Water Park and City Park, Alma, 22 mi.
- Winn Mountain Golf Course, 12 mi.
- Eagle Crest and River Valley Golf Courses, Alma – 20 mi.
- River Valley Nature Center – 38 mi.
- Pea Ridge National Military Park(Civil War Battlefield), Pea Ridge – 63 miles
- Prairie Grove Battlefield State Park, Prairie Grove – 32 miles. This park is recognized as one of the most intact Civil War sites… looking much as it did at the time of the battle on December 7, 1862. The park has a museum, self-guided walking and driving tours, and at various times of the year re-enactments of the Civil War battle that took place years ago. The park also hosts the annual Clothesline Arts and Crafts Fair, on Labor Day weekend.
- Fort Smith National Historic Site and other museums, Fort Smith – 36 miles. Located on the Arkansas River at Fort Smith, it’s the location of the famous Judge Issac Parker… the “Hanging Judge” gallows and Museum. The site has been used in the filming of several western movies, one being John Wayne’s “True Grit“. Several other historic sites are located in the area close to the national site and make a good all day outing for history enthusiasts.
- Arkansas Air Museum, Fayetteville Drake Field – 30 miles
- Shiloh Museum, Springdale – 42 miles
- Ozark Scenic Railroad Tourist Train, Van Buren – 28 miles (call in advance for tickets)
- Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, Bentonville – 60 miles
- Scott Family Amazeum– childrens educational and activity driven museum, Bentonville – 60 miles
- Drennan-Scott Historic Site, Van Buren – 28 miles
- Historic Downtown Van Buren and shops – 28 miles
LOCAL CRAFT FAIRS, FESTIVALS AND OTHER EVENTS
- War Eagle Arts and Crafts Fair(3rd weekend of October) – 70 miles
- Clothesline Fair, Prairie Grove(Labor Day Weekend) – 32 miles
- Old Timer’s Day(1st weekend of May) Van Buren – 28 miles
- Fall Festival (2nd weekend of October), Van Buren – 28 miles
- Apple Festival and Arts & Crafts Fair (1st weekend of October), Lincoln – 58 miles
- Wiederkehr Wine Festival, (normally 3rd weekend of October)Altus – 55 miles
- Johnson County Peach Festival, (normally 3rd weekend of July) Clarksville – 67 miles
OTHER AREA EVENTS:
- University of Arkansas Razorback Ballgames, Fayetteville – 30 miles
- Steel Horse Rally, Charity Motorcycle Rally, May 1-2, 2020, Ft. Smith – 36 miles
- Bikes Blues and BBQ Motorcycle Rally, Canceled due to COVID-19 for 2020, Fayetteville, – 30 miles
- Royal Wade Kimes Music on the Mountain Benefit Concert, October 3, 2020, Chester – 15 miles